1/24 Lotus Super 7 Series II (Tamiya Sports Car Series 357)
One for the Ages
Legendary British manufacturer Lotus manufactured the legendary Seven between 1957 and 1973, helping cement this lightweight kit car in the public's imagination across four model Series. The Series II car - the most prolifically produced - was announced in 1960; it had a redesigned frame, modified rear suspension, and smaller 13-inch wheels. Nose cowl and fenders were switched from aluminum to FRP, while in Super 7 cars, a higher-performance engine was employed. Although Lotus ended production in 1973, Caterham took over its manufacture and the car still thrills enthusiasts today, under the name of Caterham Seven.
About the Model
- This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 139mm, width: 61mm, height: 41mm.
- The classic, streamlined 2-seater form is captured in style.
- Features a detailed rendering of the inline-four engine, with carburetors, exhausts and transmission accurately depicted.
- Suspension is also authentically depicted: the front setup with stabilizer-cum-upper arm, and the rear trailing arm design with rigid setup.
- Metal air funnels for the engine, plus a host of photo-etched parts, make for an ultra-realistic finish.
- Metal-plated parts are used for headlight rings, hub caps and more.
- Choose whether to assemble as a road car, or a Clubman racer.