1/24 McLaren Senna (Tamiya Sports Car Series 355)
Sophisticated Super Car
Unleashed on the world at the 2018 Geneva International Motor Show, this super car bears the name of legendary racer Ayrton Senna. Its body features extensive carbon fibre sections, and is designed for impeccable aerodynamics and cooling. Power is provided by an 800PS 4-liter V8 twin turbo engine. With only 500 produced, the McLaren Senna is hot property indeed.
About the Model
- This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 198mm, width: 91mm, height: 51mm.
- The complex, aerodynamically honed form of this supercar's body is accurately captured.
- Ease of painting is a core theme in the parts breakdown, with window frame sections molded onto the body, separate parts for seat pads, and more.
- Brake discs and calipers are also separate parts, allowing the discs to rotate.
- Features a realistic depiction of the V8 twin turbo engine, without the parts count escalating excessively.
- Front and side radiators are recreated in style, as is the spartan interior. Separate parts recreate door gas struts.
- Choose to depict the dashboard in one of two positions.
- Metal transfers are included to depict the McLaren logo.
- Comes with solid synthetic rubber tires.
- Front wheels are steered.
- Can be assembled in European, U.S. or Japanese spec.
- The glorious supercar form with complex aerodynamic themes is captured masterfully for a truly satisfying build.
- There is plenty to admire in the scale depictions of the midship mount V8 engine, subframe and the suspension, too.
- Clear parts for the windows and in the roof do not require cement and slot into the model, removing the need for masking.
- Window and roof parts are slotted into the upper monocoque. Outer pillars, body panels and more are attached separately to the frame.
- Depictions of glass door sections can also be attached without the aid of cement, saving a potentially time-consuming process.
- Brake discs and calipers are entirely separate parts, helping to make the model's paint job a simpler, more streamlined affair.
- Different components are included in the kit for twin or triple exhausts, in addition to US and European spec license plates.
- Choose whether to assemble the model with the futuristic dashboard in either slim or full display mode
- Even the pads on the futuristic looking seats are separate parts, helping to make the paint job that little bit easier.
- This model features recreations of the aero blades which are housed inside the air intakes located under the headlights.
- A close-up on the stylish rear wing with swan neck design stays and three-level louvers which are integrated into the bases.
- The underside of the car features an underpanel; the eye will also be drawn toward the dual layer diffuser at the rear.